Today I started my new and improved super busy schedule. Therefore, I decided to prep a few meals for my dinners this week to save some time. Normally, I prep a few types of protein (chicken, ground turkey, bison), a few veggies, and a few carb options in separate containers. I then pick and choose my meals depending on what I am in the mood for. However, sometimes having meals prepped and packed into containers is just easier. Which leads me to this yummy dinner I prepped for this week...
This meal is super easy to make and tastes delicious! Hopefully you like spicy things because this chicken sausage is hot due to the habanero in it. Here's the step by step guide on how to make this meal!
-1 package of Nature's Promise Pineapple & Habanero Chicken Sausage
-Two bags of steam fresh whole grain brown rice
-Two heads of organic cauliflower
-1 container of mango salsa (or make your own salsa)
1. To roast the cauliflower, pre-heat the oven to 420F. Spray a baking sheet with Nature's Promise olive oil cooking spray. Chop the cauliflower heads into pieces and align them on the baking sheet. Spray the cauliflower with the same cooking spray. Use any seasonings you prefer (I used crushed red pepper flakes and garlic powder). Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower turns a little golden brown on the tips.
2. The rice is super simple. All you have to do is follow the directions on the bag and steam the rice in the microwave for 3 minutes and it's done!
3. Place the package of chicken sausage in a pan with 1 inch of water over medium heat. Cover with a lid and let it cook until all of the water evaporates. Then let the sausage brown in the pan for 3-4 minutes, turning to make sure all sides get browned. Optional: slice the sausage into pieces and let them brown on each side of the slices.
4. Measure out the desired amount of rice into containers. I measured out one serving (136g) of rice into each container.
5. Add 1 serving (18g) of mango salsa on top of the rice.
6. Add 1 link of the chicken sausage on top of the rice and salsa.
7. Lastly, measure out the desired amount of roasted cauliflower into the containers. I weighed out 100g of cauliflower for each meal.
8. Extra: I measured out 50g of avocado for the meal I was eating for dinner tonight. For the other meals, I will measure out 50g of avocado that morning/day so that it does not spoil during the week. You could also sub a Wholly Moly Guacamole Cup for the avocado for convenience purposes!
And that's it! Put the lids on and pop those babies into the fridge to enjoy for dinner at a later date! Super easy and quick to make. The macros for one meal are: 45C / 11F / 18P for those who track their macros. Hope you make this meal and enjoy it as much as I did!
I am passionate about creating a healthy lifestyle for myself & helping those around me.