Let's talk about SELF-TALK and self-love. Hold up dudes. This isn't just for the ladies, although I definitely see more women with constant negative self-talk going on. The reality is that what we say to ourselves on a daily basis has a HUGE impact on our mood, energy, decisions, relationships, and success in daily tasks. It's easy to be negative or harsh with yourself but I am here to remind you that just like you practice for a sport, work on eating healthy and improving your nutrition, exercise and work on form/movements... you must practice positive self-talk as well.
If we are constantly being negative, talking down about ourselves, and doubting our capabilties... how can we possibly expect to become the best version of ourselves? After all, that is what we are ALL seeking when it comes to fitness, nutrition, work, relationships, life. A great way to increase positivity is to practice daily by reframing thoughts, removing negative clutter from our lives, & being your own biggest fan! No, this doesn't mean you won't ever have a negative thought again. We all do. Learning to deal with those negative thoughts when they start to creep in is what will pay off in the long run! Learning to speak to ourselves with kindness & love and just letting go sometimes is the goal. The more you do something, the more it becomes a habit or a belief!
1. Create AWARENESS --> Pay attention to your thoughts. When you start feeling negative or stressed, take a deep breathe. Slow down. Think about what it is that's causing this negative thought. Write down in your notes on your phone or a journal how you're feeling.
2. CHALLENGE yourself ---> Just because you think something is true doesn't mean it actually is. It's easy to think "I'm so bad at this" or "I'm fat" but in reality, you are your own worst critic. People would love to have your body or be able to do a movement like you in the gym. Remember that. Don't accept your thoughts as truths. Ask yourself, "Is what I am saying 100% true?" and start being realistic.
3. REFRAME your thoughts --> Disrupt your thought patterns. Put a positive spin on every negative thought or change your perspective on it. Instead of "I can't do this", it turns into "This will be tough but I'm going to give it hell." Instead of "I hate my body", it turns into "I'm not there yet but I will continue working on myself."
4. Remove the CLUTTER --> Clutter isn't just physical. It's old ideas, toxic relationships, unwanted habits, and anything that doesn't cause you happiness in your life. Bye Felicia.
5. Practice AFFIRMATIONS daily --> It's a statement of truth that one hopes to bring to life or believe in. Say them out loud or write it down daily. Examples:
We've lived our whole lives with negative thoughts occurring so much that we believe they are the truth. We can do the SAME thing when we reframe our mindset with positive thoughts. Even if you don't believe it now, if you keep practicing daily, you will develop a gentler way to talk to yourself. Over time, this reduces stress, builds confidence, and creates a happier and fuller life.
Believe in yourself, push away the negativity, challenge your doubts, and keep pushing forward!
I am passionate about creating a healthy lifestyle for myself & helping those around me.