Okay, so I had this bomb meal for dinner last night and it was AMAZING. I didn't think the flavor could get much better than this. BUT, tonight I proved myself wrong. I changed up the recipe for tonight's dinner a little bit and it was even MORE AMAZING. I honestly wish I could eat it all over again... If you follow me on My Fitness Pal (username: halieannxo), follow me if you don't, then you'll probably see this meal as my dinner for the next week. When I find a meal combo I love, I eat it for like a solid week straight and then move on to something else.
Anyways, here's the recipe for how to meal this meal for yourself!
(Inspired by an appetizer at a restaurant in Philly called Bare Burger: Sriracha Pork Belly Brussels)
-Organic Olive Oil Cooking Spray
-Nature's Promise Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
-Brussels sprouts (already shredded/halved is easiest)
-Applegate Sunday Morning Bacon
-Steamables Golden Potatoes
-Garlic & Herbs Goat Cheese
-Sky Valley Sriracha Sauce
1. Pre-grill (or crockpot) your chicken breasts. If grilling, grill each breast for about 8 minutes per side.
2. While the chicken is being cooked, take the steamable bag of potatoes and heat in the microwave as directions suggest, about 8 minutes.
3. Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
4. Cook two strips of bacon in the pan until fully cooked. Remove bacon from pan to let cool.
6. Take pre-sliced/shredded brussels and saute in the left over bacon fat in the heated pan. I usually cook them until they start to get golden/crispy/almost burnt looking.
7. Once the brussels are starting to looking about done, take desired amount of potatoes and slice them into cubes. Place potatoes in the pan along with the brussels and sauté.
.8. Take desired amount of chicken and slice into cubes. Add chicken into the pan and mix.
9. After mixing, drizzle everything in the pan with the sriracha and mix again.
10. Remove food from pan and place in a bowl.
11. Lastly, crumble the cooked bacon on top, add desired amount of goat cheese, and top with extra sriracha if you like it super spicy!
SO GOOD. The meal I made for dinner tonight was a little different as I said above. I swapped out the golden potatoes for roasted sweet potatoes that I cooked today. I also used Honey Goat Cheese instead of the garlic and it was WAY better. The other switch was I used ground turkey instead of chicken which was a good protein mix up! Definitely liked the second combo better but that's just me!
Try both out & let me know what you think :)
I am passionate about creating a healthy lifestyle for myself & helping those around me.